21 okt The perfect Chocolate Marble Banana-cake
Due to a shitload of spotted banana’s, I hád to make something genius 🙂
The previous Chocolate Swirl Cake was pretty good, but I have to say, this one is even better. It’s moist, not too sweet and perfect for breakfast, lunch or as healthy snack. The swirl did turn out better. So here it is: the The perfect Chocolate Marble Banana-cake.
I love to practice to make a Swirl in the cake, some muffins have layers instead. A rainy day is the perfect day to go into your kitchen and create this yummy banana-loaf.
Perfect Chocolate Marbled Banana cake
Makes 8 big muffins or 1 loaf
- 200 grams almondmeal/flour + 100 gram speltflour
- Teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 6 spotted banana’s
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (roomtemperature)
- 8 dates
- Pumpkinseeds, walnuts or vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Grease a loaf pan and cover with baking sheets. In case of making muffins, use a silicon mold.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a big bowl except the raw cacao powder. Mix all wet ingredients in a food processor (except for 1 banana and 2 dates) and add the mixture to the dry texture. This will be your ‘White Batter’
- Put 1/3 of this White dough on the side in a different bowl. Add the raw cacao powder, the blended 2 dates and 1 banana and mix until you have a dark mixture; the Chocolate Batter.
- Pour the White Batter into greased loaf pan and make little heaps leaving space for the chocolate batter (look at picture below) Pour the ‘Chocolate’ Batter and fill up the space with the dark chocolate batter. Use the end of a wooden spoon to make swirls, make sure you swirl 1 or two times, otherwise the batters will mix too well.
Sorry for the blurry picture 🙂
-Bake for 45-50 minutes and check with a toothpick if it gets out clean.
-Let cool down and cut into slices! Or enjoy your moist muffins!
I will bet that these muffins won’t survive a day in your kitchen 🙂 Please let me know if you plan on making them!