07 nov Speculaas Pear Oatmeal
The cold, snow, and romantic lights outside call for a beautiful warm breakfast such as this speculaas pear oatmeal
Speculaas Pear Oatmeal
In Holland, pepernoten & speculaas are consumed in large quantities (including me). Most of them are actually filled with nasty sugars and animal products, so unfortunately not vegan.
I’m planning to make some vegan sugarfree ‘filled Speculaas’ soon, so stay tuned! But for now; Speculaas, that flavor takes me back to the good old days. My favorite days.
Well, I can be a kid again and enjoy that Speculaas flavor with this Speculaas Pear Oatmeal Bowl.
- 1 pear (conference)
- 3 tablespoons of rolled oats
- dash of almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of Speculaas Spices (available at AH, Jumbo or make them yourself, see below)
- 1 tablespoon of raisins
- Some roasted almonds & kasha (available at Ekoplaza)
DIY Speculaas Spices- 1 little jar (this is also the perfect gift for those wintermonths!)
- 4 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of grounded aniseed
- 1 teaspoon of grounded clove
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of grounded cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of grounded corianderseed
- Night before: Mix the rolled oats with a dash of almond milk at night. Add the raisins & speculaaskruiden and give the mixture a good stir. Chop half of the pear in small bites and add to the mixture. Set in fridge, make sure everything is covered in almond milk! The oats will soak up all those delicious flavours.
- Morning: Give the mixture a good stir. Add some almond milk/water if needed. Add the other half of the pear, sprinkle with some cinnamon and top off with kasha and roasted almonds. Or top with some additional Speculaas kruiden (never enough, hihi)