04 feb Raw Vegan Raspberry Cheesecake
Cheesecake, hmm, its not one of my first choices of dessert, I think normally it’s too heavy, and end up with a big bloated belly. Now that’s officially HISTORY! I came across a lot of raw cheesecake recipes lately, so I couldn’t stay behind. I made this raw vegan raspberry cheesecake for my birthday and it was seriously even better than I expected and hoped for!
Raw Vegan Raspberry Cheesecake
And a nice detail; this scrumptious, delightful, glorious (I could go on for ages) Cheesecake contains NO sugar, dairy, gluten and is totally raw and vegan. It’s filled with ingredients that ‘pamper’ your body;) Only 1 thing is necessary: you will need a food processor.
- 10-12 pitted Medjool Dates
- 400 grams (overnight soaked) raw Almonds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 500 grams (overnight soaked) raw Cashews
- 250 grams frozen Raspberries
- Juice and pulp of 3 lemons
- 3 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons Agave Syrup (or other sweetener you want to use)
- pinch of salt
(Optional: some shredded coconut)
- For the crust, mix the dates, almonds and lemon juice in a food processor till you’ll have a sticky crumble. Grease the sides of your ‘pie-pan’ and cover the bottom with plastic wrap. (Optional: sprinkle a little shredded coconut over the bottom)
- For the filling, mix the soaked cashews, lemon juice, coconut oil, agave syrup and vanilla-stick for several minutes on high speed until smooth and glossy. If needed, add a little water, but try to limit that. Pour half of the batter over the crust, then add the frozen raspberries into the remaining half. Carefully spread this over the first layer, this is the top layer:)
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and store in freezer for about an hour until solid. Defrost cheesecake 30 minutes before serving!